Basis: Full Time
Idea Couture is looking for an enthusiastic Editor full of ideas to join the IC/ publishing team on a 6-month contract.
We’re looking for someone who is a master editor and proofreader. Working alongside the rest of the publishing team, you will help with a variety of internal and external projects, and will be expected to deliver high-quality content free of errors. You will be expected to copyedit and proof content according to Idea Couture’s style guides, including reports, white papers, proposals, and a variety of internal publishing projects (including our quarterly magazine, MISC, and social media/marketing initiatives).
We offer an opportunity to work in a comfortable, yet fast-paced and creative environment. This is great for those who have a strong love of and feel for the English language.
** Applications should consist of a resume and work samples of projects you have edited. Any additional writing samples are an asset as well.
- Edit, proof, fact check, and research content for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with writers from different teams to help guide their projects and resolve queries about content and style.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Ensure that all work is prepared on schedule.
- Ensure text is in line with the Idea Couture style guide.
- Read, copy, and proof to detect and correct grammatical errors such as spelling, punctuation, and syntax. Ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references, etc.
- Maintain awareness and use of new cutting-edge words or phrases coming into popular usage while ensuring they are appropriate for the reader.
- Assist with writing and editing internal projects, such as social media, marketing initiatives, and special projects such as books.
Required skills / Experience
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in editing.
- Proven history of editing material for publications. A focus on business is a plus.
- Excellent written English, including impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Strong ability to guide others and extract relevant information from authors.
- A meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail.
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- Commensurate with experience.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your application.